GBP 2,000 – 3,000
Protect me from what I want (Contemporary Archeology, Pandora Part Three)
artist’s box containing ten works in various media by Richard Artschwager, Christiaan Bastiaans, Daniel Buren, Guillaume Bijl, Jenny Holzer, Edwin Janssen, Imi Knoebel, Robert Longo, Aldo Rossi and Rob Scholte, 1989/90
numbered 66, from the edition of 200
with title page, table of contents, justification page and text
publish by Publishing House Bébert, Rotterdam, all items loose within the original black painted wooden box with ribbon tie, titled on the lid
385 x 285 x 255 mm. (overall)
– screenprint by Richard Artschwager, signed, dated and numbered 4/7 in pencil
– two framed screenprints on glass by Christiaan Bastiaans, stamp signed and numbered 34/100 in black felt-tip pen on the frame
– screenprint by Daniel Buren, unsigned (as issued)
– two 3D ceramic sculpture and make-up brush by Guillaume Bijl, signed in pen, numbered 22/67 in pencil on accompanying certifcate with photographic collage
– resopal plate by Jenny Holzer
– screenrint and photographic slide by Edwin Janssen, signed in pencil, numbered 17/50
– cibachrome in colours, initialled and dated by Imi Knoebel on the reverse, together with essay by Imi Knoebel and Johannes – Stüttgen, initialled by the artist and signed by Johannes Stüttgen
– three lead multiples one with screenprint and two with photograph in colours on aluminium by Robert Longo.
– wooden multiple, silkscreen and essay by Aldo Rossi, signed and numbered 66/200 in pencil
– photograph on canvas by Rob Scholte, signed dated and numbered 66/200 in black felt-tip pen on the reverse.
In addition to the catalogue description:
– some surface dirt on the title page
– minor scratches to box.
The condition of lots sold can vary widely due to factors such as age, previous damage, restoration, repair, and wear and tear. The nature of the lots sold means that they will rarely be in perfect condition. Lots are sold in the condition they are in at the time of sale.